Friday, May 30, 2008

Quote of the Day 5-30-08


Lately I have been on this thing about the "church" ... while we are all "proud" of our church, I see that we are pretty much underachievers ... My next few statements may seem harsh and insensitive, but I promise that I am not intending them to be harsh or insensitaive ... I hope you understand what I am trying to say ...

There is a lady in our church that has a tumor on her spine that causes great pain ... I read today that they are giving God praises because the pain has subsided a little because the tumor has shrunk ( not sure if that is the correct word ) and so therefore the pressure is not as great on the spine as it was ... now she can rest ... THAT IS GREAT ... answered prayer for sure

As far as how this relates to church ... when we have "pressure" that causes discomfort don't we pray that God would relieve it ? WHY ? We want to rest ... Isn't that pressure and pain a good thing as far as churches go ? After all, it is the intense pressure that forms diamonds, right ? Why do we run from it ? We rebuke it in Jesus name when we should be EMBRACING it in Jesus name ...

Now for the quote of the day ...

"When the church becomes an institution, people are nothing more than volunteers to be recruited. When the church is a movement, our stewartship becomes the unleashing of our Godgiven gift, talents, and passions."

.... Erwin McManus



.



DWC



.

3 comments:

Todd Wright said...

You are a blogging maniac! Why don't more Harmony Hillians blog?

DWC said...

I am not sure ... just not sure ...

Scott said...

dude you hit the grand slam. we have become nothing more than an institution. recruiting members that we are comfortable with.