Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Emotional Wreck


I have heard a buddy talk about being an emotional wreck. I will be honest. When I first heard him speak these words I pictured a woman. I woman out of control, hair messed up, no make up, wrinkled up clothes, bloodshot eyes ... you get the picture.
I assumed a woman weak, wimpy, and depressed.

Never a man, right? After all, men are strong, conquerors, manly men. But alas, I have come to realize that men are emotional wrecks too. At least on the inside we are. Never on the outside. ( This is where an old song pops into my head THE WARRIOR IS A CHILD )

Men are pretty good at hiding how we feel ... but eventually it will come out in one way or another ...

Our emotions will fail us much of the time ... when we make decisions based on emotions we domesticate them ... we were designed to go beyond that ... a Christ follower ( in my opinion ) should not be domesticated to the extent that if it doesn't make sense we run from it ...

For example ... push out into the deep water and let down your nets ... an emotional man / domesticated man would not have done this ... after all ... they had been trying that and it didn't work

An emotional man says I don't know the man ... 3 times ... to save his owen skin ... then says but what about him ( speaking of other disciple ) ... a domesticated man wants everyone to get the same thing ... but God did not design it that way

Enough ... we should choose to be an innovator not an adopter


DWC

No comments: