Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Confession

Well I am compelled to confess ... I have nothing ... I have been trying to conjure up something to write about ... but there is just not anything there ... so to all my loyal readers ( both of you ) ... I am sorry ... I am just blank

So let me just tell you a little about what is going on and a little about what I have been reading ... ( you can hit the BACK arrow now if you want to !!!! )

I have to give a charge to the parents of HCS tonight for K-5 graduation ... what do you say to kindergarteners ? And to the parents ? I know that it has something to do with $1 bills ... but I am just not sure what, yet ... to some of you that may seem as if I have not prepared ... but trust me, there has been much preparation ... just not clear direction ... it is much like hunting ... you scout ... you have all your supplies ( gun, stand, ammo, etc ) ... but you don't really know what you will see until you are in the woods ... that is where I am at on this ... I am in the woods .. I am prepared ... God has already put into me what I need to say ... I just have to wait ... and use what I have ... clear as mud ...

I do know that I will use 1 Sam 1:1-11 ... I will paraphrase, of course ...

Back to the $1 bill ... one might think that $1 is insignificant ... it is a small amount ... even smaller than when I was a kid ... after all when I was a kid gas was just a little over $1 ... the $1 is like their kindergartener ... small and "insignificant" ... at least that is what it seems ... but how precious is a $1 bill to the man that is thirsty and sees a sign that reads "Water $0.89" ... or the woman that is hungry and sees a taco on the menu for $0.59 ? I say pretty precious ... maybe even life changing or life sustaining ... so is the kindergartener ... a precious little one that God has given ... how precious is one little bratty K5 boy or girl to the woman or man that cannot conceive ... ? Just a thought ...

So back to Hannah ... she wanted a son more than anything ... she promised God that if He would give her a son that she would give him back to God ... what ? Why would any person in their right mind give up their son ... their ONLY son ... the son that she had been praying for ? She understood that the son was not hers in the first place ... and so she dedicated him ( Samuel ) back to God ... did she deserve a son ? Probably not ... do you deserve what you have ? I know I don't ...

So I plan to give each parent a $1 bill ... something insignificant ( as far as the world is concerned ) but also something they DID NOT EARN and probably DON'T DESERVE ... they have 2 choices ...

1. Keep it ... use it ... spend it ... and forget about it
2. Give it back ... to God ... not back to me

By choosing #2 we are saying that we understand what God has done ... we are saying that we are giving our child back to God ... to have His way with them ... it is nothing more than a sign or a symbol ... a gesture ... give it as an OFFERING back to God ...

Hannah did ... we should too ...


DWC

2 comments:

Scott said...

bro thats excellent . i think thar far too many times we take things for granted . we musr be aware of what God has given us and how ptrcious it really is . before you know it they are gone .

Scott said...

oh i should have read this b4 i posted i didnt have my glasses on