Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Quote of the Day 5-21-08


OK ... I am going to try to start a quote of the day ... I can't promise that I will find something everyday ... but I am going to try ... and you guessed it ... one of my favorite people ... Erwin McManus gets the first one ...

" The civilized build shelters and invite God to stay with them; barbarians move with God wherever He chooses to go.

The civilized Christian has a routine; the barbarian disciple has a mission.

The civilized believer knows the letter of the law; the barbarian disciple lives the spirit of the law.

The civilized love tradition; the barbarian spirit loves challenges.

The civilized are satisfied with ritual; barbarians live and thrive in the mystical.

For the civilized disciple, religion provides stability and certainty; for the barbarian, a life in God is one of risk and mystery."


Ok ... several all rolled up into one ...




DWC

No comments: