Wednesday, March 12, 2008

To throw a stone ...

We label people … fat, skinny, old, young, sincere, fake, adulterer, liar, thief, cheater, and so on ( you get the idea )


Why ? Not really sure ...

Fact : You never get a 2nd chance to make a first impression

Fact : Once a person has been labeled ... it is very difficult to shake / overcome that label ... you know I am right ... think about that drug addict ... to you he is ALWAYS a drug addict ... no matter how well is is doing now ... always a drug addict ... this is especially true in the church of today ... right ? Prove me wrong ... think about it ... we divide / isolate people ... EXAMPLE ... singles ministry ... divorce recovery ... young adults ... senior adults ... labels labels labels ... why not just go ahead and have our label on our chest ... like our SCARLET LETTER ?

Fact : Some mistakes follow us the rest of our life because others won’t let them go

Fact : Some mistakes follow us the rest of our life because we won’t let them go

I wonder how people label me ? ( be nice )

2 comments:

Todd Wright said...

Sounds like you're saying we shouldn't have seperate ministries...

Am I readign that right?

DWC said...

not really saying that ... just that we should be careful when we label people ... the ministry labels ( sometimes ) segregate people ... I was TRYING to point out that we LABEL everything ... I know what I attend (hee hee hee) if the word ROCK is mentioned .. oh man ...

In hindsight, maybe I should not have used the "ministry" labels ...